-
March 25th, 2005, 09:38 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm debating on coding the wheelchair. I was just reminded of it by posting a question on the Williamsburg thread.
My mom is technically not confined to a wheelchair, but uses one when we have to go to the hospital, which is quite frequently of late.
Diana is well aware that Grandma needs this to get around better and sometimes rides along on her lap too! Because I've included Diana in all the trips to the hospital with my mom, she's not at all afraid of any of the tubes, needles, iv's etc that she sees with my mom and enjoys playing hospital to all her dolls. (I posted about this once before).
So, I'm thinking about getting the new wheelchair for her too, anything that when she plays, makes her understand my mom's condition so much more. I'm thinking that I might find the old one at Madison, but I really prefer the softer colors of the newest version.
Does anyone have the wheelchair and have any comments to share?
Thanks,
Laurie
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 01, 2005 05:45 PM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>
-
March 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't have the wheelchair but I have always thought about purchasing it not only because I think my daughters would like playing with it (they LOVE to pretend they are doctors), but because I think that years from now when my grandchildren are looking at our doll collection, the one eye-catcher will be the AG wheelchair!
I hope you are able to purchase it and give us a review. I'm sure its a cool wheelchair.
-
March 25th, 2005, 10:37 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I broke down and coded it about a month ago. I have had my eye on the wheel chair since it was first introduced. It is very accurate, if you look at it you think the handle are too high but if you think about it, a child'w wheel chair does have raised handles so an adult can push them. I like it, the new color is a lot more realistic. Black wheels, silver frame, and purple seat.
Ashley
-
March 26th, 2005, 03:57 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Laurie, that's a sweet idea to get the wheelchair for your daughter, especially since she likes to play hospital. I'm sure your daughter's presence is a great encouragement to your mom at the hospital. I know my dad really brightens each time his granddaughters visit.
I like the colors of the new wheelchair better than the old too. If you think your daughter will get a lot of use out of the wheelchair now, perhaps you shouldn't wait till the sale.
Julia
-
March 28th, 2005, 02:13 AM
#5
Inactive Member
My in-laws have lived with me for over 15 years. Until his death at 83, dad was paraplegic. His preferred mode of transportation was a Rascal (3 wheel scooter). He'd let all the kids anywhere pres the button for the horn, and was known by all the local kids as Mr. Beep-beep. It was his way of making kids (and adults) comfortable with his inability to walk due to a spinal stroke at age 71.
Get the wheelchair. My daughter is 23 and just found hearing aids for one of her dolls! (She is hard of hearing).
-
March 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thanks, I think I will be getting it before Thursday when the code expires.
Yesterday we celebrated Diana's birthday with my family a little early since we were all here for Easter. (also my niece, nephew and brother, they all have March and April bdays!)
My mom gave Diana the old retired Bitty Baby Circus outfit and Elephant, and the on sale Bitty Twins outfits.
It made me realize something! She has been playing and playing with that little elephant, even w/o any batteries, but the outfit is just sitting there. We have TOO many outfits right now. She loves changing the clothes all the time, but likes having her dolls "play" with the other things more. I have already coded many of the accessory items and I'll have to go through and see what is appropriate doll wise and her age wise to just give to her now. I'm also going to take a second look through the website to see if there are other play items we haven't gotten yet, but I'm holding off on any more outfits for any of them, the AG's, bitty or the twins.
So the wheelchair for sure and maybe the twins's teeter totter. I recently got the bitty/twin's tricycle and parade accessories, so maybe I'll pull those out of storage soon too.
Working on our doll room this week so I have places to put it all though! Will post pics of those when I'm done.
Laurie
-
March 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Laurie, I think it's a good idea that you're going to code the wheelchair instead of waiting for the Madison sale. I have noticed over the past few years of going to the sale that they usually don't have very many, if any, of new items that have just been released that year. They might have the older, blue wheelchair if they still had a bunch in their stock to donate, but IMO, you probably wouldn't have much chance of finding the lavender one. The only way they would have been donated to the sale is if they were returned, and there are a couple hundred volunteers who shop at the presale before the public, so items in small quanities are usually gone by the time you would get in. I say go for it!
-
April 1st, 2005, 09:47 PM
#8
Inactive Member
The new wheelchair came today, and I love it! It is so realistic and cute at the same time. The doll fits nicely, the foot pedals fold down (Diana always does this part for my mom, so she'll like that!) The color is a nice soft lavendar instead of the bright blue.
Ok, so do you think Kailey might need a wheelchair? Actually, wasn't it her friend that had a fall or something? Was she on crutches? I have those too...should I wrap those up for the party on Sunday when she's getting the Kailey collection?
Laurie
-
April 1st, 2005, 11:06 PM
#9
ponydreamer
Guest
Yep...I think you should give them to her. Especially since you are helping care for your mother right now.
You've got lots of stuff that you can save until later. You better get crackin', and start giving her some of that treasure you have stored away! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Actually...I think we should all go to our doll closets and get out all of our stash. Then we should give to whomever we are saving it for, even if it is ourselves. Like my sis says, "Life is not a dress rehearsal!"
It's fun to dream, right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
April 2nd, 2005, 02:10 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Glad you got it Laurie!!!!!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks